Wednesday, October 19, 2011

heading south...

made it through security with my suspicious thongs and am lounging in a slouchy drapey fashion on the thoughtfully comfy seats of gate 67A... way across the far side of the giant U jane is sitting at some other gate, on, i suspect, equally comfy seating (actually it's not that bad really)... will arrive in port au prince tomorrow lunch time to visit kellyanne for a month ... boring post i know, maybe you could write an exciting comment about what's going on in your neck of the woods to increase the interest factor... (in case you're wondering, pretty much anything counts as exciting at this end ...) just had one of those fun, mostly unintelligible announcements which i believe may have been telling me my flight's been delayed till midnight ... might be time to migrate to the floor...

i still have a backlog of photos etc that i'd like to put up, but have little concept of how easy that'll be in the next little while...

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kyl,
    On Saturday I am taking Aaliyah to a Ballet Awards Day in Melbourne. The dance she is in goes for the length of "Sunshine on my Shoulders" and I just found out that as well as paying for Aaliyah to go in the dance I have to pay to watch it. She has to wear makeup. This has all happened because I felt so sad watching the depth of her disappointment last time she missed one of these extravagnzas but I've got to say that now every time I think of it I'm struggling to master my emotions. Waves of regret. Crashing over me every few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey KP. I got home by the skin of my teeth - flights too close together. Bags still in Sydney. They're being delivered sometime later today. Good to see my parents smiling faces at the Tullamarine gate. Spent a few hours with them at their house. Had meat pies for lunch - so Aussie. Now at home in my flat. Bit musty but very tidy. I'm waiting for Flop & Jazz to come home but they're obviously off galavanting. Ok, best have a shower & brush my teeth - I've got that lovely long flight feeling of grossness. May you have smooth or interesting flights and may your window seat be all that you hope for & more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm about to write an assignment or a computer program. Feel free to imagine as much excitement as you like in those words :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah see Tim, you made me chuckle and grin... it was fabulous staying with your aunt & uncle - wished we had longer there ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed it. I hope you're enjoying your time in Haiti.

    ReplyDelete